At Show Low Family Clinic, we are proud to provide high-quality care that you can receive in the comfort of your own home. Each of our virtual sessions provide patients like you with personalized, convenient at their fingertips. When choosing healthcare that's right for you, choose Show Low Family Clinic.
What Is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine – sometimes also called telehealth – are virtual visits with your healthcare provider. These real-time video visits are conducted using any internet-connected device with a working camera and microphone. At Show Low Family Clinic, all of our patient care is delivered remotely, via telemedicine. You may be surprised at the wide range of healthcare issues that can be addressed using telemedicine. For example, some of our focus areas include primary care, women’s health, sexual health, and mental healthcare.
Find out more by reading the telemedicine FAQs we’ve collected.
Benefits of Telehealth
There are numerous benefits to receiving healthcare via telemedicine.
- It’s astoundingly convenient – There is no need to leave your home for a visit with your primary care provider! You also get to avoid the hassle and additional time or costs associated with traffic, parking, and having to arrange for childcare or time off work.
- Telemedicine is cost-effective – Our rates at Show Low Family Clinic are reasonable and often work out to be less than a comparable visit to an urgent care clinic, or even to an in-person doctor visit, when you factor in the cost of your time and other arrangements.
- It can keep you healthy in multiple ways – Telemedicine significantly improves access to high-quality medical care, especially for patients living in rural areas or for whom transportation is an issue. Virtual healthcare visits can be a blessing if you are very busy or have daily commitments that often get in the way of seeing a healthcare provider as often as you’d like. Telemedicine also limits the spread of infectious diseases that can occur simply from visiting your doctor’s office and sitting in the waiting room.
Telemedicine is when healthcare is delivered electronically – i.e., during a secure video conferencing visit with a medical provider.
No! You’ll receive an invitation, and you just need to click a link to join the visit at your scheduled appointment time.
Make sure your internet-connected device (computer, cellphone, laptop, iPad, etc.) is working, especially the camera and microphone, and have it with you at your scheduled appointment time.
Remote visits with your healthcare provider provide a number of benefits to patients, including:
- Telehealth is convenient – you can visit with your provider, via a real-time video connection, from the comfort of your home or anywhere you are!
- You’re more likely to get timely medical attention when you need it.
- You avoid all the hassle, cost, and time associated with traveling to a doctor’s office for an in-person visit – e.g., parking, travel, and arranging for time off work or child care.
- Same-day appointments are available!
- No more wasting time sitting in a doctor’s waiting room.
Yes. We use HIPAA-compliant technology to make sure your discussion with your provider is private. You should make sure the location you’re in during your visit is quiet, comfortable, and private as well.
Virtual Medical Care & Treatment
Do you need the medical services of a primary care provider from the comfort of your own home? Family Nurse Practitioner, Sharon Zell, at Show Low Family Clinic can help. Schedule your virtual visit by calling (541) 315-8338 or simply request your telehealth appointment now. We currently offer telemedicine services to patients in numerous states throughout the country.